Sunday, October 28, 2007

Into the Wild, Ikea Sausage, Leeland, Denver Pitbull euthanization.

I just have a few more things I want to blog about that I neglected to blab about in my previous posting today.

Lindsey and I saw the film, 'Into the Wild' Friday night following an incredible dinner at Happy Garden, a chai latter at Muddy Waters, and then two glasses of wine at Dacapo. It was just like a first date, except there was no talk about what we like to do in our spare time or what our favorite food is.  Mostly just making fun of other patrons. Of course i'm kidding.

Anyways, Into the Wild was incredible. Hands down Sean Penns best film, and Dead Man Walking in tough to beat. A very well told story, great cinematography, and very emotional. Everyone needs to see this movie, and even though it's Oscar worthy it's a shame it will doubtfully get any Oscar nod whatsoever. To go along with the movie, the soundtrack is equally as perfect. The entire soundtrack was scored by Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam). 

Go see it. I promise you will like it.  I believe it's only playing at the Garneau. I don't know if this is an independent film or not, but it's message is worth your $10. Anyone who cares about the environment and societal issues, this movie is for you.

Aside from an incredible movie, Ikea breakfast sausages are awesome. I only dream of cooking sausages as good as those by the talented Ikea Breakfast Chef. Breakfast for two, for $7.16 is just so awesome.  

Our good friend Lee was thrown into the hospital this weekend. A serious infection of some kind. Damn those. He doesn't know this yet, but he's getting a pink card, one of those musical kind that sings 'I Will Survive', for scaring the begeebers out of us. I think the card is meant for breast cancer survivors, but my point gets across. I assure you Lee doesn't have Breast Cancer. He's doing good now though, but he'll be sticking around the U of A hospital for a little longer just for precautionary measures.  Go Lee! Hot nurses...come out a real survivor!

And to finish off this post that no one is probably going to read, my Utah pal, Molly Wald, just got back from Denver, Colorado shooting families with Pitbulls. Apparently Denver doesn't allow pitbulls, and if you are caught owning one you take the risk of having it taken from you and euthanized immediately.  To bad we can't euthanize some humans that quickly - O.J Simpson for example.  Check out her photos from Denver at http://www.mollywald.com/.


*Take note, this entry is being post without Lindseys blog-entry-editing prowess. I apologize for any incoherence. 

2 comments:

utah0rbust said...

I'm so jealous. I want to see Into the Wild SOOOOO bad! Ever since I read that book WAAAAY back when I thought it would be the best movie. Now I'm just waiting for the film rendition of "Into Thin Air." I'll have to netflix this. It will be nice to go SEE a movie again, but in the meantime, thank GOD for the flix :)

Anonymous said...

Erik,

It's good to hear your review of the movie, I saw the cast on Oprah of course talking about filming the movie and thought that it was definitely worth seeing. And your challenge for the breakfast sausages says we must now check them out! Mike will challenge anyone or any food that says their cooking is better than his :)

I noticed you put Garden State as one of your fav movies. I know very few people that have actually seen this movie, when I saw it in the theatre I was looking for a reality check in my life...

Amanda