Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This...and that...

Some of you might already know, we have cancelled all of our Telus services. Even our telephone service. It's really too bad, I mean, they had a good product going for them - telephone service. But, thier customer service and their billing practices just bite. They even continued to bill me for service even though I had all my services cancelled.

Anyways, nothing makes me happier than to whine about Telus, but I know no one truly cares about my hate for Telus, but the point i'm trying to get across is you can no longer reach us at 430-9781. We're using our mobile service in the meantime. Anyone use Shaws phone service? Any good?

-----

We have a new member of the family - his name is Woody. He's a monofunctional robot, which means he's a robot who has only one function [or purpose in life (HE IS A LIVING BEING!)]. His purpose? To vacuum.  He vacuums for us regularly. We go out for dinner, he stays at home and vacuums and puts himself away when done.  No complaints either! And I don't have to feed him! I don't even have to plug him in because he does it himself! He's much better than the average slave, or for some people, their children. Woody is a Roomba made by the iRobot company - check it out.

-----

Wedding planning is hard, and we still have 14 months to go. We were able to settle on a venue, The Old Timers Cabin, which I am very excited about. Our next big task is developing a guest list. If we actually manage to do this, without family disowning us, I promise to give up drinking for life! After the wedding of course.

-----

For the photographers out there, I won a Shootsac created by the extremely talented Jessica Claire.  Basically it's a slim, easily accessible bag to carry lenses that doesn't look ugly. I'm looking forward to putting it to work my next wedding.

-----

The weather is finally starting to shape up, which means I finally get to work off the winter flab. Running season has begun! I picked up a new pair of Asics Kayanos to give my feet a nice pillow to run on. I'm debating whether or not I want to run a big race this year. I have a lot on my plate this spring and summer. I'm considering signing up for a half marathon, even without training, and just winging it. 

-----

If you need some new music to listen to, I have a few suggestions. Definitely check out Regina Spektor, specifically her album Begin to Hope. You wont regret it, I promise. It's on iTunes, I just checked. 

Don't buy the new Jack Johnson album. It's the same typical Jack Johnson sound, but boring. 

-----

Movies to see? We just saw Juno a couple of weeks ago, and last weekend we saw Run Fat Boy Run. Easily the best movies i've seen this year. Don't pass 'em up!

-----

Enjoy the rest of the week!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've got a Shaw phone. <3! I can't rave enough about Shaw.

Also, I will second you on the wedding planning. Currently we're trying to figure out a date for the engagement party amidst schedules, vacations, and my dad who lives in another country. I'm beginning to understand why people elope.

Mammer said...

Erik,

Also a Shaw customer, will never go back to Telus likewise after a very bad story of moving into our house.

Just a quick FYI too....Old Timers catered Erin/Scott's wedding, good food, make sure they are absolutely clear on what you want them to do!

Amanda